Dear HOA member,
The HOA Board of Directors wants to bring to your attention the following changes on the recruitment and commitment policies, effective IMMEDIATELY.
HOA Recruiting Policy
HOA’s current recruiting policy (the “Recruiting Policy”) is being revised effective immediately to improve the overall experience for players and parents. The purpose for this revision is to eliminate the negative consequences that occur when teams begin communicating with players about the upcoming season before the player’s current season is complete. This type of conduct is unfair to all involved and impairs the performance of HOA teams and players at important late season tournaments. The following recruiting policy will allow players to enjoy their current season in its entirety by restricting all recruiting communications until the end of the season.
1. Responsible Parties. This Recruiting Policy applies to all registered players, parents, coaches, and club administrators, or anyone acting on their behalf (each referred to as a “Responsible Party” or collectively as “Responsible Parties”).
Responsible Parties are required to comply with the Recruiting Policy andeducate those they encounter about the Recruiting Policy. For example, Club administrators are responsible for communicating the Recruiting Policy to coaches and teams that operated under the Club; Coaches are responsible for communicating the Recruiting Policy to all player and family members associated with a team. Players are responsible for communicating HOA’s Recruiting Policy to family members and friends.
2. Recruiting Activities. A “Recruiting Activities” involves any form of direct or indirect communication with an HOA member regarding the current or future team/club membership of the Member or any other member that occurs during the Restricted Period (defined below), including but not limited to, direct or indirect communications with ANY current player regarding a guaranteed spot on a team for next year’s season, or an indication to a player that they do NOT have a spot on a team for next year’s season before Junior Nationals or before a team’s club season is complete.
3. Reporting Obligations. Players with direct knowledge of perceived Recruiting Activities involving them must report the incident through the HOA online reporting system (Recruitment Violating Reporting Form). Anonymous or third-party reports are also not allowed. Reports by phone or email will NOT be accepted.
Disregard or failure to report first-hand knowledge of potentially improper Recruiting Activities may subject the player to sanctions for the actions of others, including but not limited to, parents, relatives or other persons.
4. Permitted Recruiting Period Starts July 9th. Each player has a Permitted Recruiting Period for Recruiting Activities which begins on July 9thof each year and remains open until a player commits in writing to play on a particular team for the upcoming season.
During the Permitted Recruiting Period, a Responsible Party may contact any player to discuss plans or options for the upcoming season. If Recruiting Activities reveal that a player has committed in writing to a team for the upcoming season, then the Permitted Recruiting Period for that player ends and all Recruiting Activities thereafter are strictly forbidden until July 9thof the following year.
Any Responsible Party who continues to engage in Recruiting Activities after learning that a player’s Permitted Recruiting Period has ended is in violation of the Recruiting Policy. It is recommended that the first question with any Recruiting Activities should be: Have you committed in writing to a team for the upcoming season?
The Only Exception to July 9th: If a team does not qualify to attend Nationals, then the teamthat the player is registered with for the season, or the team’s club, may communicate an offer to a player for the upcoming season AFTER the team completes its last tournament of the current season. This offer must be for a team within the current club. This offer must be communicated and accepted in writing. Stated differently, the ONLY recruiting allowed prior to July 9this recruiting that occurs within a cluband AFTER the player’s team completes its last tournament of the season. Any communication that would require a player to changetheir current club affiliation remains restricted until July 9th.
5. Player Commitment to a Club other than the Current Club. No individual player and/or parent/guardian on behalf of a player is permitted to sign an agreement, to compete with a club other than the current club in the 2019/20 HOA sanctioned indoor volleyball season, prior to July 15, 2019.
Prior to July, 15, 2019, individual players and/or parent/guardians of individual players are also expressly prohibited from paying any dues and/or deposits for the 2019/20 volleyball season.This includes payments for leagues, camps, clinics etc, that are in any form linked to a commitment to the club for the 2019/20 season. Verbally committing to a club and then paying for mandated workouts is a violation of this policy.
If this policy is violated, the player will be prohibited from competing for the club with which he/she signed an agreement or made a deposit during all 2019/20 HOA sanctioned indoor competitions.
A 2ndinfraction of the policy will prohibit the player from competing with any club for the season.
6. Violations and Sanctions. HOA’s investigation into improper Recruiting Activities, and determination as to whether violations have occurred, will be at the sole discretion of HOA Staff and Board of Directors based on the specificity and severity of the facts reported. If HOA determines that Recruiting Activities occurred outside a player’s Permitted Recruiting Period, then HOA will impose sanctions against all Responsible Parties involved. Sanctions may include monetary fines, team/player tournament suspensions, or revocation of HOA membership. HOA reserves the right to impose sanctions against HOA members based on actions of non-members if appropriate under the circumstances.
HOA reserves the right to impose any sanction(s) it deems appropriate under the circumstances. The following are examples intended only to illustrate the significance that HOA places in the enforcement of this Recruiting Policy.
PLAYER IS PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY USAV OR HOA EVENTS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CURRENT SEASON AND THROUGH JANUARY OF THE UPCOMING SEASON.
NOTE: If the violation does not come to light until after the regular club season and the player is enrolled in the NEW club when the violation due process is completed, then that player may NOT participate in any USAV/HOA practice or tournament through January of the following season.
IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OF USAV/HOA MEMBERSHIP AND SUSPENDED USAV/HOA MEMBERSHIP FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASON.
THAT COACH WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM ALL COMPETITIONS AND PRACTICES FOR 45 DAYS FROM THE TIME THE VIOLATION IS VALIDATED. THEY WILL BE PUT ON PROBATION FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CLUB SEASON (THIS COULD INCLUDE NOT PARTICIPATING IN JR NATIONALS IF THAT IS WITHIN THE 45 DAY WINDOW). IF THE VIOLATION DUE PROCESS IS COMPLETED AFTER THE CURRENT SEASON, THAT COACH WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY PRACTICES OR TOURNAMENTS IN DECEMBER AND JANUARY OF THE FOLLOWING SEASON.
IF ANY ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS BY A COACH OR ANYONE LINKED TO THE COACHOCCURS REGARDING THESE RECRUITING RULES, THE COACH OR OTHER PERSON WILL NOT BE ALLOWED MEMBERSHIP IN USAV/HOA FOR THE ENTIRE FOLLOWING SEASON.